Thursday, September 1, 2016

and when I fail, He picks me up




it seems that life is a never ending navigating through new and unchartered waters.. when we think we might have figured one thing out, another new and sometimes unsettling one is just around the corner.

just look at where I live. Germany, Ontario, now Michigan.
 you'd think that adjusting to new surroundings would be something I have figured out...
being a child,  a grown-up, a mother - running around, 3 kids, 2 dogs- empty nester
having a mother, ( all my life ), not having one anymore.
married, not married, married again ( joy )

many of those things are great, some are not. 
even changes for the better include losses.
life is a journey
a process.
lots of learning.
adjusting
waiting
trusting
being refined 
( quite painful at times )

in it all,
there is one steady thing
because
He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow

my relationship with Him,
( made possible through Him dying on a cross for my sins ) 
my center
my anchor
my hope

coming to Him each and every day
for all that I need
love
faith
joy
strength
peace
gentleness
kindness
self-control
forgiveness 

grateful for the guidance
the wisdom
the direction

how do we deal with that life
the changes
the challenges
the hurt 
the wonderful things 
( that's not that hard :)

going to Him, He shows me
if I fail, He picks me up
dusts me off
and sends me on my way again

and through it all
He always loves me.. 
He is indeed the Shepherd of my Soul

thank you Lord



"In the process
In the waiting
You're making melodies over me
And your presence
is the promise
For I am a pilgrim on a journey

You will lift my head above the mighty waves
You are able to keep me from stumbling
And in my weakness
you are the strength that comes from within
Good shepherd of my soul
Take my hand and lead me on

You make my footsteps and my path secure
So walking on water is just the beginning
Cause my faith to arise, stand at attention
For You are calling me to greater things

Oh
how I love You
how I love You
You have not forsaken me
Oh
How I love You
how I love You
With you is where I want to be

you never leave me, Lord"

"Shepherd" 
by Amanda Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment