Monday, September 8, 2014

LOVE is ... to know and to be known....

so amazed at our Father in Heaven and the fact that He indeed wants a close personal relationship with me..

when I first found out about that a little over 20 years ago it blew me away... since then it continues to boggle my mind and fill my heart with love..

no matter how long I live I know I will not be able to fully discover what this love He has for me all contains..

He has been my refuge in times of trouble..
He has been my encourager and cheerleader when I think I can't do it anymore..
He has been my provider, my Healer... and most of all He IS the Lover of my soul...

50 years old now I have come to the conclusion that love is to know and to be known by the "partner" in the relationship.. for someone to never tire of hearing from you and willingly sharing what he/she is all about..

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He always wants to hear from me.. this is what His Word tells me about this:

This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. ( 2 Kings 20:5)

The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer.( Psalm 6:9 )

 God has surely listened and has heard my prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer
 or withheld his love from me! ( Psalm 66: 19-20)

The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous. ( Proverbs 15:29)

But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. ( Luke 1:13 )

and He has given me this book... He is the author and all I need to know is contained in it's pages.. He has revealed Himself and by His Spirit, that dwells within me I can know Him.. intimately..

as I spent more and more time with Him my love for Him is just going to grow and grow as I am understanding more and more how much He loves me... it's all quite amazing actually :)

so even on days like today.. when some clouds on the horizon seem black somehow.. when this weary feeling wants to take over.. when I find myself getting unsettled and sighing more than usually.. I can be sure of that.. He loves me with an everlasting love.. He will never leave me or forsake me and He is indeed all that I will ever need!

SO grateful for that!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment