Friday, August 10, 2012

.. precious babies and a Sovereign God...

prayer... such a wonderful amazing tool God has given us when He gave us prayer.. when He invited us to come to Him whenever, with whatever is on our hearts.. promising He would listen, promising He would pay attention and promising He would always answer... promising also that as we were listening to Him and He listened to us, He was  going to transform us....AMAZING

today, after a break of at least 4 weeks, we finally had Pastor Bob join us again for our prayer time in the morning at Hope for Life..
what a humble, wise man  of God he is, he never fails to point us to Jesus... we are so blessed to have him lead us at Hope for Life..

the day was busy.. one thing after the other and ended with a fun 2 1/2 hours babysitting two precious little girls... as I was holding the little one while she was falling asleep, drinking her bottle, I realized something profound..

thinking about my babies so long ago, and my future "grandbabies", God willing, it dawned on me why my Jesus has kept me away from the one relationship I thought could have been it...
so much wiser than me, (duh) He knew, that I could not live that far away from my kids, especially not when the time will come, sometime in the future, when they are going to have children themselves ...

this said, I still believe that whatever God's will for my future is, I will be obedient and go where He wants me.. but when I was holding this sweet little baby in my arms tonite I knew that would I not be able to be close to the children my daughters might have one day, it would break my heart... especially if I had not listened to what God's will for my life was..

thankfully this is true for the Lover of my soul:

Remember this, keep it in mind,
    take it to heart, you rebels.
 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
    I am God, and there is no other;
    I am God, and there is none like me.
 I make known the end from the beginning,
    from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
    and I will do all that I please.’
 From the east I summon a bird of prey;
    from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that I will bring about;
    what I have planned, that I will do.
Isaiah 46: 8-11

and this :

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

so there... I am where I am supposed to be and until the Lord moves me I am staying put... lack of godly Christian men in this part of the world or not... Ha!

1 comment: