Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fear vs Faith --> who will win???

..have been singing many new songs at church lately..  our new Worship Pastor has brought us back to where Worship needs to be, such a blessing.. rather tragic that I cannot for the life of me remember the title or more than this one line of this song that has touched my heart so deeply lately ...
"..you have fathered me faithfully...."
talking about God, our Father, who is faithful and fathers us perfectly...
for us, that have not had very good earthy fathers.. it is very hard at first ( because of a lack of knowing what that would be like, feel like) to get our head around this, that God is our Father, later though it becomes such a blessing, realizing that it really didn't matter how good a father this earthly father has been, that even though we are dealing with the fall-out of this in many ways, that God our perfect Father only allowed it because it would bring us closer to Him, needing Him more...

He is faithful, no matter what has or will happen to us..He is always there.. He always loves, even His discipline shows how much He cares and is invested in making us more like Him every day...

a faithful Father in Heaven can be trusted, fears and worries are being laid to rest and faith replaces those emotions, peace settles in.. joy fills our hearts.. as He refines us and brings to completion the work He has begun in us..

new situations arise throughout our lifetime, things change, and sometimes, in a perfectly peaceful state of mind, new fear can creep up... 
what to do then?
surrendering again and again, asking for help, accepting that there is no quick fix for this, and trying to have faith and trust Him for this new scary thing....

embracing the wonderful ways He has changed me and brought good out of stuff that was bad, realizing how He is at work, how many things have ceased to be issues, how new interests, acquaintances and involvement have shaped my life and enriched it... how He has been so faithfully  answering my prayers to allow me to serve Him in a meaningful way...

really, seriously, I do not have to worry... I do not have to be afraid.. after all, has He not proven to be a promise keeper to me over and over again???
has He not carried me through the deepest valleys.. rescued me from the fire and the attacks of evil??
He has... how would He, who gave His son so that I could be reconciled with Him, not give me all that I ever need????

Why should I be lonely,
Long for heaven and home
When Jesus is my portion
And a constant Friend I know

I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free
For His eye is on the sparrow,
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He's watching me

Why should I be troubled
When His tender word I hear
Know I rest on His goodness
In my doubt and in my fear

I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free
For His eye is on the sparrow,
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know...

I sing because He loves me,
I sing because I'm free
For His eye is on the sparrow,
His eye is on the sparrow
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He's watching me
He's watching me
He's watching you
He's watching me
 (  by Audrey Assad )

 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.  And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
 (Matthew 10: 29-31)


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
( Ephesians 3: 20-21 )

No comments:

Post a Comment